Have you considered being a mentor for a junior colleague, or getting practical advice from an upperclassman or alum? Join the TLM Mentorship Program, which will pair less experienced students with upperclassmen/alumni in order to forge new industry connections, share advice, and learn what’s out there in the wild world of localization.
Why be a mentor:
- Gain experience in personal advising (good for those who are or want to be managers!)
- Share knowledge with a junior colleague
- Develop your empathy, listening skills, and leadership
- Make a difference in someone’s professional life!
Why be a mentee:
- Learn about internship and job opportunities, or life after MIIS
- Gain confidence in your skills, abilities, or knowledge regarding L10N
- Have someone to help you develop measurable goals
- Make a new industry connection
- …and maybe a new friend?
See the website for more information.