Be a Data Manager! The LocData project collects data about the translation/localization industry, including educational programs, localization technology, language service providers, professional organizations, research/consulting organizations, and certification providers.
About the LocData Project
The LocData Project is a crowdsourcing project that collects data about the localization industry. Members of the public submit their data points through a crowdsourcing survey made in Survey123, and the submissions are automatically added to a map made in ArcGIS. We need a Data Manager to oversee submissions!
Please apply through Handshake. You will train with the current Data Manager (Emily Cipriani MATLM-T ’22) during the end of the 2022 spring semester and then work independently during the 2022-2023 year. This is a great practicum for a student to learn more about the localization industry, management and presentation of complex data, and geographical information systems!
Data Manager Practicum Position
- Collect Data
- Track down localization data points
- Submit data through crowdsourced survey or add dataset CSVs in larger batches
- Manage Data
- Clean survey data submissions in CSVs and ArcGIS
- Analyze Data
- Review results of data and draw conclusions based on results collected in dashboard
- Design display of data in ArcGIS map
- Display data on LocData Project website
- Graduating in 2023
- Basic knowledge of the localization industry
- Basic knowledge of Excel functions
- Confident decision-maker
- Ability to problem-solve independently
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and Survey123
- Website skills, particularly WordPress skills preferred
- Preferred courses: vendor management, quality management, project management, website localization