Welcome to Fruit Vendor!
About Fruit Vendor
Fruit Vendor is a card game designed to help players learn the ins and outs of localization vendor management. The game concept was started by MIIS professor Alaina Brandt and brought to life by designer Emily Cipriani (MIIS TLM student). The game is composed of project, vendor, and bad apple cards to utilize to figure out what candidate is best suited for a specific project all while managing issues that come up as the bad apples. Currently the team is working to get sponsors to bring an online version of this game, translating current card games into Chinese and Spanish with more languages welcome, as well as creating new expansion packs. If you’re interested to know more about the game and receive a free copy feel free to check out the website for more!
We’re looking for:
We’d like to have a project manager who can run a team of translators, designers, and engineers. The PM will be in charge of running meetings, weekly agenda, and continuing to work students in this practicum project and professor Alaina Brandt on Fruit Vendors progress for the 2022-2023 school year.
More languages are welcome beyond Spanish and Chinese to further localize the game and transcreation is a big component in working with the cards.
Website will need to continue to be localized and adding in any new features and working with translators.
MAIN FRUIT VENDOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviewing current translations for any needed improvement and continuing to expand on languages to translate the game
- Design thinking to create new decks for expansion packs if interested in a specific locale
- Continue outreach to companies to sponsor the Fruit Vendor web version game
- Set up streams for game matches with MIIS students or possible podcast or livestream opportunities with localization professionals to promote the game
- DTP and audio visual for more promotional videos or design
- Website development: continue localizing website, language switcher, etc.
- Any other creative ideas on how this game can go forward are welcomed!